Friday 17 February 2012

The Interview and Reflection on it!!

 It was really interseting the enivoment was to noisey for one and I knew that this would be the case I interviewed two artists it was really hard to talk I gave them the consent form and I didnt end up getting them back cause they wanted to take it away and read it and I guess that where the ethcial considernations come into it becuase I wanted the form to be signed and I thought that would be the case so I am thinking now if I cant get my questions answered in that envirvoment I might do it in an e-mail form I took there business card and I said that I will get to them via e-mail and they where fine with that. It was really interesting because the two Artist that I interveiwed one was an just coming out into the industry and the other artist has been in the industry for many years has I said I was really nevrse but I had to overcome that because that same fear would have stopped me.For a while I was questioning my Inqury whether or not I should do it but when I was interveiwing my passion for the Inqury really came up there would be a next Open Mic Night in March I am not gonna let this exprience from going to a next Open Mic Night because what I have realised every Open Mic Night is different so I will be preparing for that adjusting my questions slightly I will be blogging that have a nice evening guys.

1 comment:

  1. Take two consent forms one for them to keep and one for you to keep. (They may still want to have time to read before they sign though.) You can also conduct in formal conversations and take ethnographic notes (make your own note like a diary entry after the evening ends or something like that). Then you don't scare people with it seeming really official. Your data will be your impression and memory of what they said rather than direct quotes. It maybe that the informal nature of the Open Mic. Night needs a more informal approach. Sounds like it is going well though. You have learnt lots already. Well done
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete